Serves: 8 people
Recommended Cookware: 6 Quarts Pressure Cooker
Pressure Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 2 medium onions
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large celery stalk
- 1 28 oz. can chopped tomatoes
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ¾ teaspoons sugar
- Pepper and salt
- Parmesan cheese
- Set induction burner on SEAR setting and cook beef in a 6-quart pressure cooker until well browned, approximately 8 minutes.
- Mince garlic and chop the onions, carrot and celery into small uniform pieces.
- When the meat is browned, stir in the vegetables then cook 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, basil, oregano and sugar.
- Cover, lock, and bring to high pressure using the STIR-FRY setting on the induction burner.
- Use BOIL setting to stabilize pressure and cook for 8 minutes. Allow pressure to come down naturally.
- Open cooker and add pepper and salt to taste. Top with Parmesan and serve.