Seared scallops with lemon butter sauce
Seared Scallops with Lemon Butter Sauce
Serves: 4 people
Cooking Time: 4 minutes
- 1 pound large fresh sea scallops
- Kosher salt and white pepper
- 1 lemon, zested
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted, sweet cream butter
- Chopped fresh, flat leaf parsley for garnish
- Lemon, quartered for garnish
- Pat scallops until very dry. Toss the scallops with 2 tablespoons of pepper, salt, and olive oil.
- Set induction burner on SEAR setting and heat the oil in a grill pan. When the oil becomes hot, add the scallops and cook the scallops on one side until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the butter to the pan. Just as the butter melts completely, turn the scallops over and add the lemon juice.
- Cook scallops an additional minute and remove to a warm plate. Add lemon zest to pan and stir sauce to blend.
- Spoon any sauce in the pan over the scallops, and sprinkle the parsley over the top.
- Serve immediately.